50000 - 65000
19 days ago
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Salary between £50,000 - £65,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Menzies LLP is currently looking for a passionate & talented tax professional to be our new Private Client Tax Advisory Manager. This is a key position based in Surrey (ideally out of either the Egham or Leatherhead office) and forms part of the wider Private Client Tax service we offer our clients.
Reporting to the Private Client Tax Partner and Senior Partners in Egham, Surrey, the Manager role will be to provide advisory services to clients, working alongside the existing advisory team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Tax Partner and the private client advisory senior manager with complex tax planning projects and ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Involvement in any Revenue enquiry matters.
- Maintain regular communication with all clients and related 3rd parties
- Work in a team with direct responsibility for the mentoring, developing and training of junior managers & trainees to help develop our advisory skills in the more junior grades.
- Prepare budgets, complete work within budget and report to Partners on any variances from budget, ensuring that all assignments are carried out in a timely fashion and in accordance with the Firm’s procedures.
- Communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships with them.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
The successful candidate will be a proven people manager and passionate about working with clients as this is vital for the role to be successful. You will be expected to develop strong client relationships and be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities within a team, supervise more junior staff and review their work. The manager will act as the link between the existing senior manager and partner, and the junior advisory team who are developing.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our 'BRIGHT' values!
- ACA/ACCA/STEP and/or CTA qualified. This is a pre-requisite for this role.
- High level of technical advisory expertise.
- Self starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team.
- Able to demonstrate relevant practical experience in Private Client tax planning.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing, with the ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients to understand.
- Ability to provide excellent client care.
- Strong relationship building, networking and business development skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Private Client Tax Advisory Manager then apply online ASAP.