South West London
50000 - 60000
9 days ago
Our client is a fast growing professional services firm based in South West London who work with a range of clients to include entrepreneurial start-ups, Owner Managed Businesses and High Network Individuals, the majority of whom are based in South West London, Central London with some residing overseas.
The firm has grown significantly over the last 10 years and offers a comprehensive range of accountancy services to include Year End Accounts, quasi FD level consultancy work, Company Secretarial services and Private / Corporation Tax work.
The role will appeal to an experienced accountant that enjoys a mix of recurring work and special work with a portfolio of some 500 companies and Limited Liability Partnerships. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Take a lead role in advising high-value/ technically complex clients on both strategic and day to day requirements.
- Develop communication skills, both internally and with decision makers at clients.
- Research and advise on technical issues (internally and externally).
- Build knowledge of tax planning opportunities that exist for SMEs and their owners.
- Build new business development skills.
- Develop team management skills
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
* Oversee the relationship at manager level to ensure that all services are being provided to the highest standards.
* Manager responsibility for day to day requests and queries.
* Manager responsibility for the preparation of accounts and corporation tax returns.
* Liaise with the Private Clients Tax Department to ensure that clients get optimal tax solutions.
* Provide technical reviews and support.
* Manage and train junior staff.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- ACA qualified or ACCA qualified, and able to demonstrate a strong technical background.
- Team leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements of accounts preparation and corporation tax returns.
- Confidence to research answers to technical queries and present solutions to partners and senior manager.
- Good working knowledge of recurring VAT issues faced by owner-managed businesses.
- Ongoing experience advising similar types of client, either as a Client Manager, or with similar responsibility.
The role is full time and London based, however there will be an opportunity to discuss flexible working - this could mean some home working with visits to London as required to maintain contact with clients and the team.
The salary band of £50,000 - £60,000 is a guide set by Fletcher George and will depend on level of post qualification experience.
Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment specialist acting as an employment agency. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time-scale.