25000 - 35000
16 days ago
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Salary between £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Menzies LLP is currently looking for passionate & talented individuals who not only align with but also live & breathe our Menzies 'BRIGHT' values to join our growing & dynamic firm. We are currently looking for high quality candidates who fit the Menzies values and also meet the below job specification requirements to be our new Management Accounts Assistant. This is a key position based out of the Woking office (with regular initial travel to our London office) and forms part of the wider Outsourcing client service we offer our clients.
The role will involve the preparation of the management accounts for a wide variety of clients including Limited Companies, Sole Traders and Partnerships across a variety of industry sectors. As outsourcing senior, you will also be responsible for the oversight of all book keeping activities as well as the preparation of the management accounts for assigned clients. Excellent communication and ability to work across a variety of clients and offices during the month will be required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Preparation of management accounts
• Maintain accounting records and working papers, calculate and apply month end adjustments to management accounts
• Competently complete VAT returns applying technical knowledge
• Perform ad hoc project work as requested– e.g. catch up exercises for clients and tidying up accounting software
• Build relationships with clients, relationship managers and partners where appropriate
• Identify and implement internal process efficiencies
• Ensure adherence to all outsourcing processes and quality control requirements
• Be aware and highlight potential exposure to overrunning on client accounts and request support from line management (if required) to undertake preventative actions
• Understand client needs and work to enhance dashboards with KPI’s making them more meaningful for the client.
• Continuously work with clients to share best practices and ensure processes are working efficiently
• Demonstrate awareness of other Menzies service lines and relevance to client’s business
• Ensure regular and timely updates are given to line management and key relationship contacts.
• Building relationships with clients as part of key account management
• Work with the systems and conversion team to manage and deliver the client on-boarding process, ensuring effective and regular communication to the client is undertaken as required
• Mentoring, supervising and training colleagues at Assistant Level to ensure high quality standards are met and within the assigned time frames.
• Review workloads and provide support to junior staff during peak periods
• Supporting the growth of the department by helping with streamlining processes
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our 'BRIGHT' values!
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Starts to build constructive relationships within own and other Menzies service lines
- Excellent communication and ability to work across a variety of clients during the month will be required.
- Self-starter who understands the importance of maintaining positive client relationships
- Demonstrates an organised approach to work and to meeting deadlines
- Willing to learn and develop skills.
- Share ideas with peers/management to improve the effectiveness of the service offering to our clients
- Proactive in dealing with client queries/issues and making recommendations to improve our service.
- Attention to detail, prioritisation of tasks and a strong ability to build and sustain internal and external relationships will be essential.
- Working towards relevant qualification - ACA, ACCA, CIMA and with at least 2 years’ bookkeeping experience
- Have worked with and have experience with various software packages namely Xero, QuickBooks and Sage
- Xero Certification is desirable but not essential
- Strong Excel skills are essential
- Good ability to pick up and learn new accounting or invoice/expense processing software applications
- Ability to apply technical accounting knowledge to real life client situations
- Able to communicate confidently with clients and understand their accounting and reporting requirements.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Management Accounts Assistant then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.