Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£24000 - £28000 per annum + Study Support + Parking + Benefits
8 days ago
Marks Sattin are working with an exciting business based in Harrogate, who are looking to appoint a Management Accountant. This business has an excellent ethos and a close knit team with an extremely low staff turnover and fantastic work life balance. They offer study support, development and progression including exciting and detailed project work for an autonomous and ambitious Accountant.
This position will cover a wide variety of accounting responsibilities, supporting Group Finance Manager and other members of the finance team. Duties will include:
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts; posting of various journals including accruals and prepayments.
- Maintaining Fixed Asset register, posting of additions, disposals and monthly depreciation journals.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Ensuring close of ledgers at month and year end
- Posting Year End journals
- Assist in the production of supplier statement reconciliations
- Cover for production of daily and monthly bank reconciliations, and investigation of any discrepancies
- Cover for Petty cash management
- Setting up of bank payments
- Posting payments to the ledger, and banking cheque/cash payments
- Assist in the production of the cash flow forecasts
- Assist in the preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Intercompany reconciliations and agreeing balances
- Ensure monthly files and records are kept in accordance with Auditor requirements
- Assist in the production of Year End Audit pack
- Assist in the production of the Stock rec and Year End stock takes
- Ad hoc reports and general reporting/assistance as required by the Group Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller.
If you are looking to move into a business who are passionate about their employees and their development, then this role is a fantastic opportunity. The business are looking to help grow and develop someone who is currently studying and wanting to continue, offering a great study support package.