Management Accountant - Manager
|Job Title:||Management Accountant - Manager|
|Location:||Belfast, County Antrim|
|Salary:||£95 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Downey|
|Job Published:||April 14, 2019 18:00|
Excellent Manager level position - commercial role within Outsourcing
Your new company
A global professional services leader who are on a major growth platform - join the firms newest and most exciting department.
Your new role
Join an exciting brand new, high calibre and growing team within this global firm. You will be performing an industry type position without sacrificing the variety, buzz, progression prospects and the perks of Practice.
You will work with new, innovative and growing businesses acting as their Finance team. You will get exposure to Management Accounts, Statutory reporting, VAT / NI and Payroll. You will have the option to travel to interesting locations if you would like.
- Manage the activities of a team of Accountants and Accounting Analysts across an allocated portfolio of clients, including technical review of the work performed by that team.. This also includes establishing and managing work allocations and goals for the team, Ensure that the team function effectively and efficiently.
- Develop individual team members using an on-going coaching, personal development and performance management process.
- Manage short and long term operational goals and tactical objectives ensuring clients goals are incorporated
- Ensure SLAs are met and service is delivered to clients as expected
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with clients
- Be a proactive member of the Service Delivery Team
- Develop, maintain, and update personal knowledge and expertise through appropriate means to ensure understanding of relevant knowledge areas and to identify possible future developments
- Act as point of escalation for clients and staff related issues within the team
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent) from either a Practice or Industry background with 2-5 years post-qualified experience.
- In addition to be successful in this role you will have knowledge and experience of two or more of the areas below which will support your responsibilities, other relevant experience will be developed through performing this role.
- Finance function and accounting operations, financial management and management accounting
- Management reporting (including variance analysis) and statutory reporting
- Cost and Margin analysis and reporting
- Preparation and review of tax compliance returns for VAT and Corporation Tax
- Detailed knowledge around finance function processes (RTR, PTP, OTC)
- Understanding of continuous improvement and / or cost saving initiatives
What you'll get in return
This a very good opportunity to progress your career in a role which could be described as the best of both worlds, if for example if you are considering whether to remain in Practice or take the plunge into industry. You will be performing an industry styled position, gaining exposure to Management Accounts, Statutory Reporting, Payroll, VAT and will enjoy the job satisfaction associated with providing commercial advise and seeing the fruits of your labour on the ground. Whilst achieving the above you will not be sacrificing the variety of work, progression prospects and the perks & market leading package in Practice.
This particular employer prides themselves on their supportive and collaborative culture in which you will enjoy autonomy and clearly visible progression path. They are offering a very competitive package and exposure to an impressive client portfolio.
This one is hard to overlook.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Dependent on Experience
Assistant Manager Management Accountant - Top 80 Firm
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Senior Management Accountant
£38000 - £45000 per annum