£45000 - £50000 per annum
19 days ago
A hands on Management Accountant role with supervision responsibilities for two junior staff members. This is a role that offers significant progression & development.
A large, UK owned organisation, my client has multiple divisions operating in different industries. They are performing well & continue to grow and expand.
- Management Accounting: Timely production of accurate management accounts for allocated group companies. Ensure full review of Trial balance. Maintain a monthly checklist of tasks completed and outstanding.
- Ensure all transactional bookkeeping is reviewed and checked for accuracy of accounts
- Ensure all journals are signed and reviewed prior to entering in the system to ensure correct nominal accounting
- Ensure month-end is fully completed by 10th working day
- Ensure that the debtors are reviewed, and any debtor balance over > 60 days are justifiable
- Creditor balances are reviewed prior to month-end every month
- Review and approve payroll journals if relevant and ensure its reconciled monthly to payroll system
- Balance sheet is reconciled every month and is a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities
- Prepare Management Accounts for several companies within the Group. These may vary depending on the business needs
- Should be able to produce financial statements each quarter and do a qualitative and quantitative review understating period movements
- Ensure inter company balances are reconciled every month
- Prepare VAT returns
- Financial Planning: Provide month-end packs & business forecasting to assist with management decision making.
- Ensure timely production of annual budgets and business plans for the entities
- Producing monthly management accounts with variance analysis
- Produce business forecast as applicable
- Prepare weekly cash forecast highlighting any issues that are apparent
- Prepare audit schedules for External Auditors. Deal with all auditor queries for the allocated entities as required
- Business Partnering: Expected to work as a business partner with all functions and divisions as appropriate and liaise with key functional individuals to ensure up to date operational information is captured in the management accounts.
- Liaise with other functional managers to reflect the latest business changes impacting finance
- Work closely with financial processing team to ensure bookkeeping is accurate and timely
- Manage, train and mentor Assistant Management Accountants and Accounts Assistants as applicable
- Review the work done by Junior Accountants with a view of improving processes and enhance efficiency
- Continually review and develop best practice Financial Accounting and Control procedures to maximise efficiency and reduce risk
- Qualified accountant - ACA, CIMA or ACCA.
- Experience in the construction industry is advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft office products such as Excel & Word
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 or other well-known accounting systems is advantageous
- Balance Sheet knowledge is a pre-requisite
- Strong Communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills & Demonstrable Initiative
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to deliver with minimum supervision
I have a competitive salary & package, with the opportunity to progress within a growing organisation.