Up to £40000.00 per annum + Bens
15 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Management Accountant / Finance Business Partner, Rugby, Circa £40,000 per annum dependant on experience.
Your new company
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for a commercially-focused finance professional to join this long-established business in Rugby. This hands-on role has been introduced in order to business partner with the Managing Director through supporting the continued growth of multi-sites across 2 companies. You will be responsible for delivering all on all financial aspects within these Revenue Generating Units, whilst being supported by a shared purchase ledger clerk. As Management Accountant, the role will report to the Managing Director of the business as well as having a dotted reporting line to the Group Finance Director.
Your new role
- Business partner with the Managing Director on all aspects of the business, being an integral team member in devising and implementing strategies that drive profitability
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and associated reporting in accordance with Group monthly timetable
- Investigation and explanation of account variances to budget and expectations
- Balance sheet reconciliations performed on a monthly basis with reconciling items fully investigated and resolved on a timely basis
- To lead the financial planning process in conjunction with the Managing Director in order to ensure the timely preparation and presentation of budgets and forecasts
- Provide financial pricing models to aid business decisions
- Calculation and posting of month end journals and running month end close process on the accounting system
- Quarterly VAT reporting and reconciliations
- Completion of 13 week cash-flow forecasts
- Weekly dashboard reporting
- Oversee the maintenance of customer accounts and raise sales invoices
- Populate customers third party ERP's with sales invoice details and maintain controls.
- Perform Credit Control duties, with tasks including approving new customer credit limits, actively pursuing overdue debts and regular Aged Debtor reporting
- Working closely with the Managing Director on other ad hoc projects.
What you'll need to succeed
Skills & Experience
- Qualified by experienced or qualified accountant
- The ideal candidate will have some practice experience
- Several years of experience in a business environment
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the business, from shop floor to Director level
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- High levels of accuracy and eye for detail
- Strong analytical and logic problem solving skills
- Excellent Excel skills and the ability to manipulate significant amounts of data
- Self-motivation and commitment as well as enthusiasm in supporting new processes and change
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a salary of circa £40,000, free on site parking, the opportunity to grow and make an impact, pension and other benefits. Standard working hours are Monday to Thursday 8:00 - 4:30pm, and a 2:00pm finish on a Friday.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.