Birmingham, West Midlands
17 days ago
Management accounting role in a large frieghtliner company based near Colmore row in Birmingham, progression and continued development.
Global based company unique in the rail-freight industry. American owned company with an annual global turnover of £2.5 billion and national turnover of around £400 million.
Their rail offer a short line's customer focus and entrepreneurial spirit on a global scale, investing in long-term relationships with customers in North America, Australia, Europe and elsewhere…
▪ Production of management accounts, reports and other financial information
▪ Analyse management accounts to budget/forecast and last month and provide
▪ Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled to supporting documentary
evidence with any variances investigated and resolved promptly
▪ Prepare year-end and half year group analysis packs.
▪ Provide business support and assistance to business partners, identify improvements.▪ Internal controls and SOX compliance experience is beneficial.
▪ Performing Balance Sheet reconciliations and ensuring all open and aged items are understood,
backed up and minimised, and managing and taking a lead role in the explanation
and review of period end close and the balance sheet reviews.
Qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA level with sound understanding of
fundamental accounting principles, with good financial experience from a larger, complex
▪ Understand the team ethic and goal setting within a large transactional or SSC team.
▪ Resilient, hard-working and determined to drive through change and improvement.
A great package, bonus and pension scheme as well as, continued training and development!