£40000 - £45000 per annum
16 days ago
This role reports into the Operations Finance Manager - it is responsible for providing business partnering support to both the operation and finance functions. Use your commercial acumen to liaise with the wider business and senior stakeholders and directors.
Our client is a well known manufacturing business based in North Bristol.
- Monthly reporting, forecasting & budgeting for a specific area of the manufacturing cost centres
- Production of internal monthly forecasts & annual budgets for deliverables, to ensure that the outputs are challenged & realistic & variances are understood & valid.
- Completion of monthly variance analysis models e.g. margin by deliverable, Direct Materials, balance sheet reconciliations, forecast variances.
- Day to day management of the costbase, ensuring rigorous control, to ensure that spend is monitored, controlled & challenged. Active involvement in business challenge / cost reduction opportunities.
- Supporting the new business & programme accountants to ensure that appropriate & informed decisions are made, with alignment to the local strategy, mission statement & business values.
- Preparation, review & present the monthly reporting packs.
- Support the capital submissions - DCF modelling, challenge of assumptions and supporting presentation to senior management. Ongoing monitoring of project spend thereafter to ensure that benefits are captured & delivered.
- Run / collate daily and weekly business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to form a KPI dashboard and distribute to senior management, driving ownership & continuous improvement
- Business partner with the Head of function & their team, supporting any ad hoc requests.
- Develop financial knowledge of non-financial managers within the business as appropriate.
- Assist in the development of finance reporting systems. Fully support and develop continuous improvement activities to ensure that improvements are captured, validate & reported.
- Ensuring adequate financial controls are in place and maintained acting as the conscience of the business ensuring that general controls and processes are adhered to at all times, in line with FRCA.
- Adhoc reporting & any other duties as required.
Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) - certification check.
Competitive basic + package and flexitime hours