£50000 - £55000 per annum
23 days ago
A broad and commercial Management Accountant role for a high growth start-up E-commerce business based in Central London.
My client is an exciting and innovative E-commerce retail start-up business that has gone through massive growth since its inception.They've grown from two employees to a team of almost 100. expanded their product range, gone public, moved to a shiny new office and won lots of awards. They pride themselves on bringing in the best talent into their team.
This role will be responsible for supporting the Finance manager building comprehensive management reporting and variance analysis for senior management, Board-level and public stakeholders, develop and maintain financial controls, deliver tax compliance submissions and ensure regular bank reconciliation. Other responsibilities will include:
- Mentor and manager our trainee accountant
- Coordinate the month end timetable
- Liaise with Accounts Payable
- Liaise with our NetSuite Systems Administrator to improve the wider Finance teams capabilities and understanding of our chosen ERP software and customize it for our reporting purposes;
- Perform detailed revenue reconciliations across our direct-to-consumer online business and offline partnership business;
- Coordinate with supply chain to be one step ahead of stock movements and variances ensuring were always accurately accounting for our cost of goods and analysing trends;
- Building and interrogating reconciliations of all major balance sheet accounts including accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepayments and accruals as an input for a monthly balance sheet sign off/review by the Finance Manager;
- Applying accounting judgements based on sound analysis of supporting data sets;
- Review tax and cost-centre allocations for consistency of categorisation.
- Is an ACCA / CIMA exam-qualified or newly-qualified management accountant;
- Is a data-driven individual with an advanced Excel skillset (and happy to learn more);
- Is fiercely attentive to detail Is a go-getter when it comes to seeking business-level explanations for variances;
- Has experience of month-end timetable coordination and delivery;
- Is a motivated self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with all members of an organisation;
- Is acclimatized to a high-pressure, fast-moving finance environment; Has proven ability to own workstreams: loving responsibility and accountability;
- May have worked in a variety of companies, either in a start-up environment or business-unit level of an established plc
Salary of £50,000 to £55,000
Private health care