£38000 - £42000 per annum
9 days ago
Currently working with a well established business in Blackburn that requires a Management Accountant due to a extended period of growth
Currently working with an expanding growing company based in Blackburn who are looking for a talented Management Accountant to analyse the organisations budgets, forecast the performance of ongoing projects. This role will be working closely with the department heads to provide them with financial insights that help provide context for key business decisions.
The role is one of great importance as the successful candidate will be providing financial information to be used in both a strategic and operational context.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Budgeting, forecasting & Business Partnering:
- Budget setting, forecasting and analysis of monthly management accounts
- Produce regular forecasts and report on performance of on-going projects
- Support the agenda of improving the efficiency of the department and its service
- Present the monthly results to the Head of Finance in the monthly meeting
- Providing information and support to a range budget holder from the senior management team downwards
- Supporting the Head of Finance in the preparation of the annual budget, as well as preparation of the annual forecast.
Responsible for streamlining the month end process wherever possible, and minimising the number of working days taken to produce the management accounts whilst retaining robust cut-off deadlines in relation to income and expenditure
The successful candidate will be
- A fully qualified accountant with a recognised professional body (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Management reporting
- Previous management accounting experience - analysing data to provide insightful commentary
- Strong reconciliation skills with the ability to use automated systems to improve reconciliation efficiency
- Sound and proven ability to effectively manage production of year end financial accounts
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and planning
- Advanced Excel manipulation skills
For more information about this role then please contact Marcus Pratt on 0161 240 7462 or Marcus.email@example.com for immediate consideration and a confidential conversation about opportunities