|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Contact Name:||James Skeath|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2018 17:46|
As a Management Accountant you will be responsible for ensuring monthly management accounts are put together as well as work closely with the treasury team on any ad-hoc projects.
My client is a very influential transport & logistics business that accounts for a significant portion of the UK's sea trade. They offer fantastic scope for career progression and offer the opportunity for employees to get involved in multiple areas of the business.
- Liaise with Group Treasurer and Treasury Analyst to ensure the accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions (investments, debt, swaps and FX)
- Produce the monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounting returns for the Financing Companies managed from Head Office
- Act as cover for treasury analyst for dealing activities.
- Manage the accounting transition for the Financing Companies from SUN to SAP
- Calculate and post the monthly balance sheet consolidation adjustments at all consolidation levels.
- Get involved with monthly accounting tasks for the Head Office finance team
- Review the intercompany balances to ensure there are no imbalances.
- Calculate and post the fair value consolidation adjustments for PPE.
- Liaise with the Tax Manager to obtain and subsequent posting of monthly tax charges.
- Be involved with monthly production of the sections of the Board Report relating to Balance Sheet, Cash-flow and Capital Expenditure in line with the agreed timetable.
- Produce commentary on the variances to budget and, when applicable forecast, for the Balance Sheet, Cash-flow and Capital Expenditure.
- Maintain the capital expenditure submission templates for month end reporting and budgeting process.
- Calculate, review and post of-half year and year-end intercompany eliminations at all consolidation levels.
- Prepare and post of half-year and year-end tax journals.
- Get Involved in half-year and year-end statutory reporting processes, particularly relating to Treasury related matters.
- Ad hoc tasks and queries from regional and head office managers.
- Qualified accountant with 4 years+ PQE
- Able to demonstrate a results focussed attitude and the ability to manage their own time to ensure that deadlines are met while maintaining the necessary quality of output.
- Skilled user of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Able to demonstrate experience of the preparation of management reports to provide useful management information and commentary.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to solve problems with pragmatic solutions.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of simple derivative financial instruments and accounting for them.
- Able to demonstrate experience of the review and analysis of complex balance sheets and cash flow statements and an understanding of the drivers of the variances.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of capital expenditure reporting and the key drivers of the variances.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of consolidation adjustments, how they arise and what their impact is.
- Skilled user of SUN and Q&A or SAP and BPC.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the balance impact of financial instruments and derivatives.
A highly competitive package is on offer
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Commercial Management Accountant (Rail)
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus
Market Drayton, Shropshire
£22.50 - £23.00 per hour
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum