£50000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits
15 days ago
Management Accountant will be working closed with the department heads to provide them with financial insights that help provide context for key business decisions.
An expanding research charity are looking for a talented Management Accountant to analyse the organisations budgets, forecast the performance of ongoing projects, and to support the agenda of improving the efficiency of the department and its service.
The role is considered to be one of great importance as the successful candidate will be providing financial information to be used in both a strategic and operational context. The main duties and responsibilities are:
Budgeting, forecasting & Business Partnering:
- Budget setting, forecasting and analysis of monthly management accounts
- Produce regular forecasts and report on performance of on-going projects
- Support the agenda of improving the efficiency of the department and its service
- Present the monthly results to the Head of Finance in the monthly meeting
- Providing information and support to a range budget holders from the senior management team downwards
- Supporting the Head of Finance in the preparation of the annual budget, as well as preparation of the annual forecast.
- Responsible for streamlining the month end process wherever possible, and minimising the number of working days taken to produce the management accounts whilst retaining robust cut-off deadlines in relation to income and expenditure
- Business partnering with research management to ensure that research grants are accurately reflected in the month end management accounts
- Oversee the recording of restricted income in the finance system, and make sure that at year end an analysis is available to show all the restricted income in year, with the associated restricted expenditure.
- A fully qualified accountant with a recognised professional body
- Management reporting
Ideally the candidate will have experience in the following:
- Previous management accounting experience - analysing data to provide insightful commentary
- Strong reconciliation skills with the ability to use automated systems to improve reconciliation efficiency
- Sound and proven ability to effectively manage production of year end financial accounts
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and planning
- Advanced Excel manipulation skills
£50,000, plus other benefits