£32000 - £36000 per annum
14 days ago
This is a great opportunity for a CCAB qualified Accountant
My client is a large Not for Profit organisation based in Newport
Are you a Qualified Management Accountant looking to join a progressive Not for Profit organisation based in Newport?
To assist the Finance Business Partner with the delivery of an efficient & effective management accounts service to the organisation
The Management Accountant will assist the Finance Business Partner with the delivery of an efficient & effective management accounts service to the organisation.
- Be the key point of contact for relevant business areas, providing Managers and Budget Holders with advice and support in all financial matters
- To manage the housing fixed asset register and ensure the organisation complies with component accounting policies
- To take responsibility for the preparation of the monthly management accounts for relevant business areas and to assist with the preparation of information to Leadership Team
- To assist with the production of the monthly management accounts for the Association for review by the Finance Business Partner before submission to LTM and Board
- To report on the debt covenant servicing and any hedging of debt arrangements
- To ensure monthly information and related schedules/working papers are timely, fit for purpose and provide quality information to uphold scrutiny by both internal and external audit
- To provide regular financial reports and other relevant financial information which is adequate for business needs and adds value to service users
- To ensure policies, procedures and processes are up to date so assurance can be given that regulations are being met
- To be responsible for Treasury Management activities and monthly cash-flow projections; including securities monitoring, monitoring of deposits etc.
- Keep up to date with VAT knowledge to ensure that regulations are being met
- To prepare the annual budget and forecast review for relevant business areas
- To assist in the production of the annual statutory accounts, including liaison with external auditors
- To maintain the integrity of system data and the nominal ledger through review of transactions, reconciliations and journal entries/imports, ensuring expenditure is allocated and monitored accurately
- To prepare and analyse complex financial information to support and inform business decisions
- To review team procedures and processes to deliver improvements in management accounting services and customer satisfaction that reflects changing needs of the organisation and service users
- To assist with on-going development and review of finance software and reporting tools to ensure the maximum benefit is achieved from IS system
- To contribute to regular and ad hoc business projects which are relevant to or have an impact on the Finance function
- To undertake any other duties as directed by your Line Manager in furtherance of the organisation objectives, priorities and changing needs
You will be a qualified Accountant
You will have excellent Management Accounting skills
You will have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
You will have excellent systems skills including excel.
a 15m FTC starting asap.
Salary c £32,000 - £36,000