£18000.00 - £20000.00 per annum
5 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
TOP 50 UK ACCOUNTANCY PRACTICE, LONDON - JUNIOR PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR - £18000 - £20000 PER ANNUM
Your new company
This well established and well known accountancy firm in Central London are looking for a junior payroll administrator to join their busy payroll department. This firm have a range of clients from various sectors but have high profile clients in music, media and entertainment. charities and not for profit organisations.
Your new role
- Process payroll reports for assigned portfolio and ensure reports are distributed on a timely and
- efficient manner to internal or external clients
- Assist senior team members in data input for big payrolls
- Process net salary and PAYE/NIC BACS payments on online banking system and prepare BACS
- form for Partner's signatures and ensure payments are made on a timely manner
- Update and maintain payroll master sheet and BACS payments list
- Deal with HMRC PAYE queries
- Deal with payroll queries raised by both internal and external clients
- Liaise with Line Manager in assisting setting up of PAYE schemes for clients
- Send PAYE cheques to HMRC for and on behalf of clients
- Submission of pension contributions
- Distribution of payslips
- Regularly maintain payroll files to ensure accurate records and operation of a paperless
What you'll need to succeed
This is a permanent vacancy and the working hours will be 9:30am - 5:30pm. For this role, you will have proven experience within a similar role, preferably within a practice. Ideally you will have experience using Sage Payroll 50 and will be working towards CIPP qualification (Payroll Technician Certificate). Previous experience with end of year updates submission via HMRC PAYE tools (desirable not essential). You will be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably a finance, accounting and/or business related degree (desirable)
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual wanting to develop their career in payroll. Working within the firms hugely personable, supportive and experienced payroll team, you will be given the chance to gain that all-important experience by managing your own client portfolio from start to finish and assisting senior team members when required. In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package as well as joining a really friendly team and excellent firm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.