City of London, London
£55000 - £60000 per annum
19 days ago
Investment Accountant - Real Estate PE - OUR CLIENT is a global and diverse financial services firm specialising in banking and lending within Real Estate Private Equity and, as they increase their international foot print and specialism in the UK / Europe (acquiring and managing distressed property loans and assets), they now seek an Investment Accountant to oversee the accounting, audit and administration of a portfolio of investment deals. The Investment Accountant's primary function is to oversee the accounting, audit and administration of investment deals structured through Irish, Luxembourg, Spanish and Italian structures.
- Analytical review of quarterly management accounts pack prepared by administrators, challenging the accounting treatment of transactions where necessary and ensuring inter-company balances are reconciled.
- Delivering quarterly, half-yearly, annual unaudited and audited financial statements to lenders (banks).
- Allocating approved distributions to entities within complicated structures.
- Ensuring all transactions for deals are updated and correctly coded on the cash management database daily. Whilst this is done by the cash management analyst, they will need to be supervised.
- Responsible for analysis of deal costs as requested by the investment teams.
- Sending monthly loan servicing and cash transaction ledger to external administrators who prepare the quarterly management accounts pack.
- Reviewing quarterly VAT and annual Corporation Tax computations.
- Managing interim and annual audits with very tight deadlines.
- Liaising with auditors, tax consultants, company secretaries, across various investment structures.
- Overseeing/supervising the accounts payable process for applicable investments, which is done by the cash management analyst.
- Reviewing payment run files prepared by the cash management analyst before onwards provision to fund administrators.
- Responsible for the daily monitoring of cash balances in structures and arranging transfers of cash within inter-companies to facilitate payments.
- Working with the investment teams to identify cash receipts to the relevant properties/borrowers.
THE PERSON: To apply, you MUST be ACA qualified and have worked for a top firm of Auditors, ideally with a focus on real estate clients and with at least a year in a private equity or real estate business. The successful Candidate will be experienced in the review /preparation of management accounts and financial statements across a portfolio of entities. IFRS, especially FRS 102 knowledge is essential and LUX GAAP would be beneficial. This is a good opportunity for a confident and professional individual, with keen attention to detail and a demonstrable commitment to high achievement. You should also possess an analytical mind-set with Strong Excel skills. You should also possess the ability to handle strong characters and time-sensitive deadlines and possess impeccable organisational skills, and ability to deliver quality results by applying sound judgement and efficient/effective processes. The ability to project manage, multi-task and communicate results effectively is also key.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook