City of London, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum + £5,400 car (cash) allowance + 10% bonus
18 days ago
Working in the Internal Audit & Risk function of a FTSE 250; buiding relationships with key stakeholders and having the opportunity for secondments or internal transfers. You will mitigate risks and contribute to process improvements.
Our client is a FTSE 250 who's projects change the way the world looks and improve the way it works.
The size and nature of their projects means that they always make a big impact.
They are passionate about creating infrastructure, supporting communities and enabling growth.
They're committed to making sure that this impact is a positive one - not just for the people who experience the results, but for the world too.
If you enjoy to challenge yourself then join this business and you'll do truly impressive work... Control your career, and you'll grow like never before...And they'll support you all the way...
Our client values diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that their inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
They are a corporate signatory to Women in Science & Engineering and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. They are also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
On a day to day basis, the Internal Audit Manager will be expected to plan, deliver and report on audits allocated from the Group audit plan. The focus of work spread between UK project audits, Group wide process or thematic audit, ad hoc investigation support and project work.
Further, in addition to delivering the agreed audit plan, the Internal Audit function is continuing to develop and evolve and so there is an opportunity to contribute to and drive process improvements within the department.
In an organisation still undergoing a significant change and turnaround programme, the opportunity to challenge yourself and broaden skill-sets are wide ranging. This is an opportunity to shape internal processes and controls and drive real business improvement.
For those who aspire ultimately to a more senior role in financial, operational or general management the role provides extensive insight to the whole organisation and exposure to senior management. The Internal Audit function has a proven track record of drawing upon this with team members placed on key secondments to large transformation projects and to senior finance roles within the business.
The UK based Internal Audit Manager is expected to cover audits throughout the UK including key locations such as London, Newcastle, Derby and Sheffield as well as to visit project sites across the UK.
- Has thorough knowledge of audit procedures, including planning techniques, testing and sampling methods involved in auditing;
- Big 4 / Top 10 Internal or External Auditor;
- ACA / ACCA Qualified
- Has previous experience of conducting audits;
- Has an ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts;
- Can deliver information orally and written in an objective and persuasive manner;
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills and acts in an independent and professional manner with the ability to influence others including senior management;
- Is ambitious and capable of developing further within the department and ultimately the organisation;
- Is a self-starter who manages their own time and seeks to add value to their function;
- Is able to work within a multi-discipline team;
- Able to command respect across the business and within the Assurance team;
- Is good at building relationships and can influence effectively;
- Can demonstrate initiative and resilience.
A real opportunity to progress into a more senior role in financial, operational or general management in the future as the role provides extensive insight to the whole organisation and exposure to senior management.
The opportunity to be placed on key secondments to large transformation projects or senior finance roles within the business.
- £50,000 - £55,000
- £5,400 cash/car allowance
- 10% bonus
- Canary Wharf Office