Internal Audit Manager - International Brewery - Route to FD
|Job Title:||Internal Audit Manager - International Brewery - Route to FD|
|Salary:||£60000 - £65000 per annum + 6000 Car, 15% Bonus and other benefits|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Scuffam|
|Job Published:||November 30, 2018 19:13|
Working in the internal audit team of an international organisation with 10% Y.O.Y growth. Responsibility for internal audit and enterprise risk management. Moving into core finance after 1 or 2 years and travelling 25% to European sites.
Our client is an international brewery who are based in the UK with a strong global presence. The company has a portfolio of well-established and iconic brands based in locations such as Italy and The Netherlands.
They operate on a stand-alone basis and, with previous growth rates of circa 10% for the last 2 years, they have a clear remit to continue strengthening their position.
The organisation owns world-class production facilities and has a highly trained workforce of approximately 1,900 associates and industry leading capabilities.
This exciting organisation has an ambitious, high-performance culture. It seeks employees with a challenger mind-set, that thrive in fast paced, market facing environments. It offers talented individuals a unique opportunity to work in world-class, collaborative teams while assuming high levels of personal accountability to deliver on the company's mission.
1. Internal Audit
- Work with senior executives to plan audit activities.
- Partner effectively through an understanding of the business risks, challenges and opportunities.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the group-wide, risk-based Internal Audit plan, providing risk-responsive, proactive input;
- Monitor and maintain the independence of self and managed internal audit professionals;
- Periodic reporting of activities and outputs to applicable governance forums, Executive Leadership, and to the Head of Internal Audit;
- Support and facilitate the personal performance, learning and career development of direct reports.
2. Enterprise Risk Management & Reporting
- Facilitate and support of the risk identification process under the Risk Management and Reporting process, preparing meaningful output; and
- Alignment of Internal Audit group-wide, risk-based plan to the Enterprise Risk Management outputs.
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management;
- Co-ordination with other internal and external assurance providers;
- Performance management, career development and functional coordination related to the delivery of the Internal Audit plan for up to two internal auditors based within the Group's operating units;
- Planning and monitoring of internal audit budget;
- Improve and sustain the awareness and relevance of Internal Audit services within the business;
- Identify and communicate the impact of industry or regulatory developments, trends or legislation to management;
- Execute ad-hoc requests/investigations/consultancy
- Knowledge of leading practice audit procedures, including risk-based planning techniques and audit testing methodologies.
- Understanding of business and operational risk and control processes and methodologies (e.g. COSO), and IT concepts and methodologies.
- Understanding of corporate and financial risk management frameworks.
- Ensure that the most appropriate risk evaluation and reporting methodology for the organisation is selected and implemented and that a continuous feedback loop to report on remaining risks, adapt policy and refine procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the principles and application of best practise corporate governance, internal financial controls and some exposure to financial control requirements in other jurisdictions (eg SOX)
- Knowledge and understanding of centralised processes and controls (i.e. shared service centres).
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIA. IIA
- At least 6 years working in an external audit, internal audit and/or assurance advisory.
- Language skills preferred (ideally Dutch or Italian)
- Dynamic and proactive
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communicator both oral and written and the ability to communicate effectively with senior people.
- Excellent people management skills and ready to contribute towards an exceptional and high-performing team.
- Able to exercise professional judgement objectively and independently.
- Passion for learning
- Ability to apply logical, systematic and analytical thinking to problems, developing business focused recommendations
- Ethical and honest, high level of integrity, trust, objectivity and confidentiality.
- Rare opportunity for an internal auditor to have a set career path to an FD position
- 30% travel to Italy, the Netherlands as well as r.o.w
- Part of a fast growing and leading brewery
- Enterprise risk management
- Close working relationships with the head of internal audit
- Exposure to senior stakeholders including the Group Board
- Make a real difference to processes and controls within a high growth organisation
- Exposure to group functions giving you a broad understanding of the business as a whole
- £60-£65k + £6k car + 15% bonus
- Potential to increase bonus to 30% dependant on personal and business performance
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's