£50000 - £65000 per annum
15 days ago
Working with the highly regarded team of a FTSE 100 organisation. Reporting to the Head of Audit and working closely with MDs & FCs. Travelling for 2 weeks each month overseas (America, South America, Europe and Asia).
Our client is a FTSE 100 listed organisation who work across 5 different group brands in Medical, Technology, Security & Defence, Oil & Gas and Space & Aerospace. They have 22,000 employee's across 150 sites in 50 countries and are market leaders across all of their fields.
Working for this organisation you are truly valued, our client is committed to employing talented people and enabling them to reach their full potential. With a training program developed to allow you to gain training both on the job and from Directors and peers alike, in addition to supporting additional qualifications, you will have the opportunity to really utilise your talent.
* In line with the objectives of the Internal Audit & Risk Management function the Internal Audit Manager will help the business identify, measure and manage risks as effectively as possible;
* Conduct the highest quality review of internal controls and supporting the risk management process;
* Maintain a risk based programme / audit universe;
* Maintain relationships with a number of internal business stakeholders to understand the business;
* Conduct internal audit reviews across the 5 Smiths divisions (typically one each month);
* Carry out risk workshops to support the business Enterprise-wide Risk Management (ERM) programme;
* Support the preparation of Audit Committee papers and other reports as required;
* Contribute to the development of the department's audit plans, programmes and techniques.
* ACA / ACCA / IIA qualified (first time passes);
* 2.1 or 1st class Degree
* Extensive external audit experience (ideally with one of the Big 4 or Top 20);
* Internal audit experience - an asset but not a requirement;
* Fluent written and spoken English;
* Highly organised, keen attention to detail;
* Comfortable taking responsibility for audits from the planning phase through to reports of the highest quality being issued;
* Able to communicate effectively (all audit reports are distributed and read by the Board);
* Able to deal with ambiguity and complexity;
* Desire and ability to understand ways of working / processes and the curiosity to challenge and improve ways of working;
* Able to partner with and influence senior stakeholders to agree and drive actions to completion;
* Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and has excellent collaboration and influencing skills in order to be able to demonstrate personal credibility to the business.
- Being part of the high performing Internal Audit & Risk Management team, which is responsible for providing assurance over the financial & operational control environment to the Audit Committee.
- The appointee will have the opportunity of joining a FTSE100 international group of companies, with the remit of managing a variety of audits, with substantial responsibility and challenges.
- Based in Slough, the role will require international travel (up to 40% of the time).
- High performing team
- Liaising with C-suite professionals
- Liaising with Managing Directors and Financial Directors on a regular basis
- 40% travel (2 weeks per month except for July & August)
- If you prove your capability & drive there s the chance to move internally into M&A, TS, core finance and treasury
- Secondments available if you prove yourself
- FTSE 100 with 5 brands and 150 sites
- Based in Burnham (Buckinghamshire)
- Brands in: Medical, Technology, Security & Defence, Oil & Gas and Space & Aerospace
- Internal Audit Manager title