£200.00 - £260.00 per day
5 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
Hays are currently recruiting for a successful international business based in Norwich. A market leader in their field and a growing operation across Europe, Middle East and Asia this organisation is looking for a highly skilled and proactive individual to join their team on an ongoing interim basis.
Your new role
The Finance Manager will manage cost centre P&L and balance sheet items for EMEA Functions, e.g. HR, Facilities, Marketing. The Finance Manager will also be responsible for budgeting and forecasting for the Functions. Following the implementation of a new Finance system (Workday), all processes need to be critically assessed and improved to ensure best practice is followed and financial accounting standards are being followed. The successful candidate will also need to forensically examine past transactions in a drive to improve data quality.
Delivery of historic and forward looking management information, to aid inward and outward understanding of performance drivers and trends, is important to guide the business and to highlight opportunities for improvement. The Finance Manager will use their technical and problem solving skills to ensure that cost efficiencies are being maximised in their area of responsibility.
Specific areas of responsibility
- Responsible for accurate reporting of the monthly management accounts, including balance sheet positions.
- Responsible for the tracking of financial performance of key strategic investments/projects.
- Maintaining clear visibility of P&L results and balance sheet positions.
- Leading and working alongside outsource partners to complete monthly reporting and the provision of variance analysis and supporting commentary.
Data and Process Improvement
- Responsible for reviewing past transactions and cleaning up data quality
- Responsible for reviewing processes, recommending and implementing improvements.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting for functions, providing challenge to the Functional Leads and being able to fully articulate variances.
What you'll need to succeed
- A qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills to ensure completion of multiple activities within tight reporting deadlines
- Excellent Excel skills are vital given the nature of the responsibilities
- Experience of Workday would be an advantage
- Audit or forensic accounting experience would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels across the business and the Finance team.
- Confident in influencing Finance colleagues and the leadership team.
- Organised and proactive, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality work, often to tight deadlines.
You must be available on short notice or immediately to interview and start.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.