£400 - £500 per day
15 days ago
This exciting opportunity will involve streamlining the month-end process and dramatically improving the granularity of the reporting within this school. This will sit alongside mentoring the new Head of Finance on a part-time basis.
Our client is one of the leading non-selective comprehensive schools in the country regularly appearing towards the top of exam league tables. Fostering an inclusive, holistic philosophy, this school is based over two sites with plans to expand further.
The key responsibilities will include;
- Experience in streamlining the month end process in businesses where the team are being pulled in multiple directions while trying to close the books.
- Experience around increasing the granularity of reporting through improved data capture and understanding the chart of accounts alongside the academy needs.
- Worked in an environment where cash flow is a challenge, understanding the pressures that brings and the need for accuracy as a result.
- Worked in environments with large payroll costs and associate detail capture requirements for part time/shift staff as this well help streamline the area
- Experience in finding non staff cost savings across an organisation (where every penny counts).
The successful candidate will;
- Be a qualified CCAB accountant
- Have had experience within schools or at the very least a large hospital or charity that has tight cash-flows and large payrolls with shift workers
- Have had experience improving month-end and reporting
- Have had experience at director level mentoring Head of Finances
2/3 days a week