|Job Title:||Interim Accountant|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||William Plom|
|Job Published:||May 15, 2018 09:08|
Your new company
Hays are currently recruiting on behalf of a global market leading business based in central Norwich for a long term interim accountant.
Your new role
- Regional Client Balance Sheet
- Review (monthly) significant items / movements within reported client related balances
- Prepare monthly detailed analysis of Capital Work in Progress balances
- Prepare / collate monthly commentary on the client balance sheet
- Obtain support on the client balance sheet, as needed.
- Balance Sheet Control
- Review balance sheet accounts and reconciliations, including the more complex EMEA accounts (e.g. cash in transit), to ensure accurate and reliable reconciliations exist and that no unidentified risks are included in carrying values
- Propose / implement balance sheet controls, as needed
- Review carrying values to ensure all items are accounted for in line with CAPEX policy and IFRS
- Review the UK payroll reconciliations
- Review the reconciliations prepared by the offshore service provider
- Monitor month end inter-company reconciliation process
- Supervise the preparation of the monthly CAPEX report
- Ensure capital spend complies with IFRS, approving spend before capitalisation in the fixed asset register.
- Holding company accounting
- Maintenance of the accounts of a specific portfolio of holding companies in Peoplesoft
- Manage the group treasury accounting function
- Other ad-hoc duties as required, including
- Liaising with the Divisional Finance team regarding GL coding queries and best practice issues
- Supporting the transition to a new finance system to be implemented on 1 January 2019
This will be a full time role working Monday to Friday.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a fully ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with similar relevant previous experience. You will have strong technical accounting skills, good IT skills, especially Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookups etc) and Query. The successful applicant will have excellent change management skills and ideally be an experienced user of a large ERP system. You will be innovative and resourceful, have the tenacity to solve problems and drive improvements in a complex reporting environment, have a keen eye for detail and be an excellent communicator with the ability to influence across a wide network.
You must be available on short notice or immediately and be able to commit to the full duration of the contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Financial Accountant
£11 - £55000.00 per annum
Interim Management Accountant
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Interim Finance Business Partner
£325 - £375 per day
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum