£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus, pension and other benefits
22 days ago
I am looking for a qualified accountant to join a leading independent brokerage in a hybrid role of accounting and financial analysis, including elements of risk assessment and implementing process improvements. Our client is unique in the fact that they are independently owned in an industry dominated by shareholder influence, and are therefore able to offer their clients the best bespoke services in their sector.
The role will require you to get involved in risk based projects, allowing you to have valuable input in designing internal frameworks and controls to your work. Alongside this, you will take responsibility for preparing bi-annual budgets, forecasts and review accounting for investments. There's also scope to grow internally, where you will have the opportunity to coach junior members of the team to hone your management credentials.
- Designing and reviewing internal controls and policies
- Preparation of budgets and financial statements, including technical accounting areas such as investment risk
- Developing and implementing accounting procedures where improvements are needed
- Preparation of forecasts on a bi-annual basis
- Reviewing investment accounting
Key Attributes: -
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent)
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to see and understand business from a wider perspective