York, North Yorkshire
9 days ago
The business operates from a large site based just outside of North Yorkshire and operates in 3 main core activities focusing on sustainable and renewable energy sources.
They are a vital strategic asset nationally and also to the local economy, employing over 600 people at the site.
Sitting on the Senior Management Team you will manage all aspects of financial control and group reporting by maintaining and implementing processes and procedures and managing a team of 3 qualified Accountants.
Responsibilities will include;
- Management and development of a team of three people within the Financial Accounting team.
- Oversight and successful delivery of the annual audit process, including preparation, management and communication at all stages.
- Ensuring robust financial controls are established, well understood and being followed across the finance team.
- Pro-active engagement with external auditors on critical areas and judgements, ensuring treatments are agreed well in advance.
- Review and sign-off on new and existing derivative contract valuations as a key part of the monthly reporting cycle.
- Oversight of the preparation of statutory financial reporting for the business unit.
- Co-ordination and execution of business-unit wide projects on an ad-hoc basis to understand implications of changes in accounting standards and / or changes in the way in which the business operates.
- Pro-actively feed into to tactical, operational and strategic decision making across the business unit, ensuring accounting implications are understood and considered throughout.
- Input into the leadership of the wider finance team and its continuous development.
- Actively contribute to the commercial analysis of the business performance vs budget, the opportunities and risks that exist and how these can be managed.
- Preparation and review of accounting assessments as required, leading the presentation of these to senior stakeholders (e.g. FD / Board).
You must be a Qualified Accountant who has trained in Practice.
This role would suit someone at Manager/Senior Manager level coming into Industry or a candidate who has already has some industry experience in Financial/Group Accounting and is looking for a Manager level role.
You must also be a strong communicator who can challenge and present ideas to senior stakeholders both in and out of Finance.