Head of Reporting, Cash Management & Estimates
|Job Title:||Head of Reporting, Cash Management & Estimates|
|Salary:||£59340 - £68479 + Excellent Benefits|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2019 15:43|
DfE are a ministerial department supported by 18 agencies, public bodies, and non-ministerial departments, with offices based across England including Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, Coventry and Darlington. They are responsible for children’s services and education, including higher and further education policy, apprenticeships and wider skills across England.
As the Head of Reporting, Cash Management and Estimates, you will lead the DfE’s Financial Reporting capability, including the monthly management accounts, cash management & Parliamentary Estimates, whilst contributing to reform of DfE’s wider finance function. The post holder will lead a committed team within the Strategic Finance Directorate with the support of an energetic SLT and involved Director.
Responsibilities will include:
• Leading the production and interpretation of the Department’s monthly management accounts – including providing high quality analysis and advice on the in-year financial position to Ministers and the Leadership Team to enable them to make high-quality decisions continuously striving to improve the month end process and production of the management accounts; as well as informing HM Treasury of the position in monthly financial stocktakes.
• Lead a team of c10 staff across a number of sites – including ensuring greater the integration and join up across the Division
• Monitoring and ensuring that financial risks are managed across DfE – by improving the quality and consistency of how we report risks, including developing a more comprehensive risk register and looking at more sophisticated ways to report and think about aggregate levels of financial risk
• Leading on DfE’s Parliamentary Estimates and formal financial reporting processes to HM Treasury
• Contribute to the finance change agenda within DfE and across government – this will include leading the division’s input to the next generation finance/MI system (the Core Systems Solution project) and leading a number of our Finance Fast Forward change projects
The successful candidate will have an extensive financial background, qualification and experience with the ability to develop a team based across the country. You will have experience of being a financially proficient leader with an ability to operate at the most senior levels with credibility, with the ability to produce high quality financial reports and analysis. High attention to detail and the ability to motivate a team to drive continuous improvement, whilst making space to carry on work to drive improvement in overall financial management. Understanding of UK Government budgeting and accounting rules maybe an advantage
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
£45,000 - £55,000 (depending on experience) + competitive benefits package
Group Head of Accounting Policy
City of London, London
£85000.00 - £95000.00 per annum + bonus
Director of Finance & Administration
50000 - 65000
Financial Reporting Analyst
£45300.00 - £48300.00 per annum