£59340 - £68479 + excellent benefits
28 days ago
Robertson Bell are proud to be working in a retained partnership with Department for Education on a national recruitment campaign for Finance, Risk and Assurance.
DfE are a ministerial department supported by 18 agencies, public bodies, and non-ministerial departments, with offices based across England including Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, Coventry and Darlington. They are responsible for children’s services and education, including higher and further education policy, apprenticeships and wider skills across England. As DfE is the third highest spending department, investing nearly £90 billion in Schools, Further Education, Higher Education and Children’s Social Care Sector, it is vital that the department understands the expected value from new investments.
As Head of Investment Management, you will set up and lead a new Investment Management Team which is central to the overall success of the division and driving the culture change needed. The team will be responsible for defining the desired investment management framework for DfE and setting a clear strategy for achieving this that builds on the foundations already in place.
The post holder will be specifically responsible for:
• Defining the desired investment management framework for DfE and setting a clear strategy for achieving this that builds on the foundations already in place
• Bringing together other central teams like strategy, finance and project delivery to establish a Long-term pipeline of investment proposals
• Setting out a clear framework of support. advice and guidance that drives improvements in the quality of investment appraisal
• Recruiting and coordinating independent "key holders" that provide expert independent assessments of investment proposals
• Providing clear and credible advice to the Investment Committee members to inform final decisions
• Developing new and innovative methods for monitoring investment decisions over time to understand whether the expected value was achieved
The successful candidate will have a relevant Investment Management experience within a complex organisation due the scale size of programmes and project. The role will require an individual with a passion for delivering change and the personality to lead and influence people throughout the department. You will be the visible lead for investment in the organisation therefore require credibility and professional expertise to help support the department, while demonstrating significant technical experience of delivering wide-ranging regulatory guidance and solutions in a commercial environment. Knowledge of methods of investment appraisal would be advantageous but training can be provided.