Head of FP&A
|Job Title:||Head of FP&A|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£80000 - £85000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||James Skeath|
|Job Published:||October 31, 2018 08:31|
Reporting into the CFO/CCO this role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company.
The Head of Commercial Finance and Strategic Planning will lead all Commercial and Strategic activities for iRoko and will spearhead the business planning, the annual budget process, and the 5-year long-term plan process.
A $35million Venture Capital backed international technology and entertainment business is seeking a pro-active and commercially astute Head of Commercial Finance and Strategic Planning. In partnership with the CFO, the Head of Commercial Finance and Strategic Planning will help support the growth strategy of the business over the next 5 years.
- Build strong relationships with senior executives as well as finance and operating executives in London, Lagos, and the U.S.
- Develop a robust, iterative financial planning and forecasting model.
- Lead, manage, and deliver the monthly/rolling forecast, annual budget, and 5 strategic planning process, including developing and updating the financial planning model, identification of KPIs and key business drivers, risks and upsides.
- Continually improve the entire financial planning process and financial model in terms of accuracy and efficiency as well as relevancy of insights to senior management team.
- Ensure that the business has the needed accurate Financial Systems as well as efficient links/accounts between Accounting and Planning.
- Evaluate growth initiatives within the African entertainment industry and proactively identify opportunities within the market for growth and recommend investments based on understanding of business's strategic priorities.
- Develop and manage detailed financial analyses and deal approval presentations for new business launches, acquisitions or divestitures. Closely cooperate with executives during negotiations.
- Perform financial due diligence into potential acquisition targets, including detailed review of financial statements and risk analysis
- Work with internal personnel and external legal and financial advisors in structuring transactions such as corporate investments, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and financing in the film and digital media industry.
- Cross-Train with the Head of Financial Accounting and Reporting.
- Supervise/ Cross-Train with the Content Strategy Manager in the delivery of quality content analysis to support content acquisition and production teams, and the development of content cost/pricing tracking and performance models and a maintained Rights Management Library and Database
- MBA strongly preferred (B.A./B.S. required).
- Typically 5+ years business experience in consulting, investment banking, corporate/business development, or strong, analytical FP&A.
- Media and entertainment industry (preferred film, television and/or digital media) and a strong understanding of digital media business models as knowledge and relationships within the African markets a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated strong financial analysis, valuation, and planning skills and experience. and/or investment analyses.
- Strong financial modelling skills, with demonstrated ability to create iterative planning and investment/assessment financial models that can adapt and flex to key meaningful what/if questions that are asked.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to create well written, incisive, and concise graphic power-point presentations to explain business performance/KPI variances, identify key business drivers, and key strategic initiatives/recommendations for senior management, the board, or outside investors.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial reporting and accounting.
- Proven self-starter and independent problem-solving ability with sense to understand implications of work and probe more deeply when presented with inconsistent or interesting findings.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
A highly competitive package
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of FP&A
Up to £80000.00 per annum
Finance Manager (Online Media)
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Interim - Financial Controller
£280.00 - £300.00 per day
Senior Internal Auditor
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus