Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
|Job Title:||Head of Financial Planning & Analysis|
|Salary:||£54000 - £58000 per annum + Excellent benefits|
|Contact Name:||Ross Brown|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2018 12:41|
This is an exciting Strategic level role working for one of the most recognisable Public Sector organisations based in Newport
My client is one of the most recognisable Public Sector organisations in the UK. The role is based in Newport with sites in Southampton and London.
Would you like to help shape and drive the delivery of financial planning and analysis within one of the most recognisable Public Sector organisations in the UK?
If so, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join this organisation as the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis.
You will be responsible for monitoring and oversight of the £276m budget (2018/19), leading a team of 19 comprising of Finance Business Partners and Finance Operations staff who provide expert advice and management information to help and support the Executive Team to manage their budgets effectively. You will be the Finance lead for short and medium-term business and financial planning. This involves coordination and oversight of the budget setting process, ensuring that these are affordable, reflect the needs of the organisation and reflect any financial risks and issues identified for the forthcoming year. You will also support the development of longer term financial planning, interpreting organisational strategies into financial impacts.
Key Responsibilities and Relationships:
- Developing the financial budget and plans for 2019/20, which will include working closely with Senior Stakeholders in the organisation.
- Supporting the development of our future Spend Review bids in line with wider strategic developments
- Supporting the successful delivery of the internal planning cycle, which will involve the development of integrated directorate financial plans
- Working as part of a wider corporate community to support and ensure the development of integrated and aligned plans
- Developing and presenting the monthly financial report for Portfolio Investment Committee, including: identifying the monthly financial position and projected out turn position, key issues, areas of concern and opportunities which may affect the financial position
- Manage the Demand Pipeline of proposed investments for the organisation, ensuring supported with valid business cases to support the funding requests; lead on the prioritisation of the demands and present recommendations to the Portfolio Investment Committee for investment
- Supporting improvements in financial planning capability within the organisation through overseeing the delivery of bespoke and tailored training to meet business needs
- Supporting tangible improvements in the quality and maturity of financial planning and forecasting within the organisation
- Oversight of the budget delegation framework setting out clear expectations and behaviours, supported by appropriate training and development
- Development of the strategic financial model to support longer term financial planning and reporting, in readiness and preparation for future Spend Reviews
- Taking the lead on a selection of Senior Leadership Team's wide objectives from the Finance Strategy
- Set the direction and build the role of Finance Business Partners in line with the Government Profession Toolkit ensuring the service delivered conforms to best practice, effectively acting as the organisations Senior Finance Business Partner
- Management, and supporting the development, of the wider Finance Planning & Analysis team
We are looking for a highly motivated individual that wishes to work at the heart of the organisation to help shape the medium and long term financial plans of the organisation. You will be someone who looks to develop innovative solutions that are co-designed that deliver tangible benefits for the business and support the delivery of our transformation. You will see the bigger picture that will lead, and advocate for, financial planning and its benefits. You will work in an integrated way and look to break down silos where they exist.
Ability to think and act strategically and to translate complex strategic financial and political objectives into tangible outcomes
Significant experience working within a financial environment
The ability to build a strong network of collaborative relationships
Excellent communication skills and a confident speaker with the ability to empower, motivate and influence in order to gain the trust and confidence of stakeholders
Experience of delivering high quality financial management reporting and analysis
Working as part of a senior management team to ensure corporate aims and objectives are achieved
A fully qualified member of one of the recognised accountancy bodies (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, or CIPFA)
Comfortable using Alteryx or Tableau or similar BI and analytics tools.
Familiar with Oracle financial systems.
A basic salary of c£54,000 - £58,000
flexible working based on 37 hrs a week
career average pension
25 days annual leave
**Please note that closing date for this role is 11/11/2018
All applicants through Michael Page will be given further information on how to apply for the role therefore applications made after 9/11/2018 will not be considered through our website.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
£66000.00 - £74000.00 per annum
Head of Finance
£60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
Business Planning Analyst
North West London, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Additional benefits
£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
£19.95 - £25.85 per hour