Grade SS3 £74,175 to £83,830 per annum
12 days ago
Manchester City Council
Manchester City Council is now recruiting to the Head of Finance (Commercial) within its Finance Senior Management Team.
With a capital investment programme of c£1.5bn over five years, including several very high-profile projects to deliver in Manchester, the successful candidate will provide commercial expertise to support investment decisions and the delivery of strategic projects. The role will involve a high degree of Business Partnering within Finance and non-Finance as well as with external stakeholders.
The role scope is broad and will involve the following:
- Development of Investment Models – including identification of financing and structural options to support investment decisions;
- Commercial Finance expertise – supporting the creation and review of capital funding bids; Robust challenge and assessment of commercial proposals, working directly with stakeholders with high profile and complex investment projects;
- Deliver effective financial management, advice and support to ensure integrated financial activity, focusing on investment models
- Lead the accountability for the management of the investment portfolio;
- Lead on specific ad hoc projects as required.
The ideal candidate will have gained excellent commercial experience in a transaction environment – either Corporate Finance, Investment, Transaction Services, Corporate Restructuring or a Mergers and Acquisitions role in industry, providing commercial financial expertise in line with best practice from organisations such as CIPFA and HM Treasury. You will have first class communication skills with experience interacting with a number of different (often very senior) stakeholders.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, to apply please visit https://bit.ly/2MI3S6Y
Closing date: Friday 1 March 2019
Assessment/Interview Date: Monday 18 March 2019
For further information please contact Specialist Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.