Brighton, East Sussex
11 days ago
The Head of Finance will be responsible for the day to day running of the finance team and to ensure continued production of accurate and timely information to the senior leadership.
My client is long-established financial services business serving the SME market. They have an excellent track record of success and enjoy a remarkable work culture and team ethos.
The position of Head of Finance is an all-encompassing role and there is scope for someone to bring their own skill-set and ideas to the table.
The main duties include:
- Review and finalisation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and corporation tax
- Lead the external and final audit. The role is the main liaison with auditors
- Overall management of the banks accounts, sales ledger and purchase ledge functions
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Re-forecasting and monitoring of KPIs and advising CEO on major variances
- Completion of VAT returns and corporation tax computations.
- Be the main liaison with HMRC
- Ensure compliance with group risk policies
This is a role well-suited to someone with demonstrable experience in a financial services environment and management of an SME.
I am looking for a qualified accountant to fill this role. Other skills that would be highly advantageous are:
- the ability to present to senior people in a confident manner
- be able to engage and develop the skills of your team
- advanced Excel modelling
- an up to date knowledge of accounting standards regulatory changes
- a working knowledge of IFRS 9 and FRS101
- be open and flexible to different ways of working
The salary and package for this role is very competitive.