65000 - 80000 plus bonus and a range of benefits
6 days ago
Head of Finance
£65,000 to £80,000 plus annual bonus, car allowance, pension,private medical insurance & 25 days holiday
A privately owned group of businesses is continuing to undergo an exciting period of growth and the Directors are now ready to make a new appointment for the Head of Finance.
You will be a Qualified Accountant who perhaps currently works as a Finance Manager in a large organisation and wishes to make a strategic move to achieve promotion or perhaps you already operate as a Head of Finance in a good sized Owner Managed Business and are now looking for a role which could lead upon success to a Directorate position.
This is a great opportunity to work in a cash rich business which has successfully grown organically across parts of the UK and where the Directors are energetic and fully committed to fulfilling the next cycle of growth within the business.
To secure this role you will have very strong personal presentation and the desire to support the Directors and get involved in all areas of this expanding company.
You will report directly to the Board and the main responsibilities are as follows:
* Adding value to the overall business and assisting in the planning and management of the companies within the Group
* Sophisticated financial modelling and cost analysis
* Preparation of the annual statutory financial statements and liaison with the auditors
* Management of a growing team, ensuring month end deadlines are achieved providing accurate information
* Understand the core profit drivers within the business and work with the team to provide important MI
* Supervising and overseeing the Procurement function
The role will suit a Commercial Accountant who has a real desire to be hands on across a business in the SME market and specifically one which is a growing company. Ideally you will be seeking a new role for the medium/long term and can demonstrate the experience of:
* Implementing and maintaining strong financial controls in a growing business and also possess excellent IT Skills
* Commercial experience such as project work to include reviewing the profitability of different operations, various contracts and relevant analysis to ensure continued success
* Staff supervision and also experience of working with non-accounting stakeholders across a business
* Excellent communicator, personable and able to mentor as well as lead
* Conducting meeting with Banks and external suppliers and review of Contracts
You will be an individual who wishes to play a key part within an entrepreneurial privately owned business and is seeking a new challenge perhaps to work in a business which is geared up for continued growth and will enjoy absorbing the challenge.
The role is commutable from Redhill, Reigate, Leatherhead, Epsom, Dorking, Crawley and surrounding areas and will involve some travel to other sites within the business on an adhoc basis.
Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment specialist acting as an employment agency. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time-scale.