Brighouse, West Yorkshire
£37500 - £42500 per annum
7 days ago
A varied and interesting Head of Finance role with a charity covering several regions. A great role for someone interested in working for a growing charity.
From our founder creating grass roots in the local community, through supporting those who most needed it, fast forward 50 years and we are an integral part of numerous communities with our team of over 150 employees and volunteers. We provide affordable furniture and household goods, accessible transport and are continuously up-skilling the community with training.
But we don't intend on stopping there! Community Transport is reaching further to support more people than ever before.
Our vision is of a sustainable and enterprising organisation working with local communities to meet needs and create opportunities.
To bring people and opportunities together to help transform lives and build better communities.
Customers first: Services meet customer needs and are valued.
Value for money: Services are affordable and value for money.
Forward thinking: We adapt to meet new challenges.
The Head of Finance role sits within the management team and is based at Community Transport's national office in Brighouse, West Yorkshire, with regular travel to other sites.
As Head of Finance for Community Transport, your role will be broad and you will use your accountancy skills and knowledge to deliver across a number of key areas, including:
- Producing timely, accurate and clear monthly management accounts, identifying performance and variance to budget including forecasting;
- Positively challenging supporting and advising other members of the management team in managing their budgets, whilst maintaining positive working relationships;
- Leading the annual budget setting exercise and contributing to business planning;
- Preparing and submitting returns and payments to HMRC in respect of VAT and Corporation Tax;
- Responsible for preparation, review and maintenance of an asset register;
- Contributing to the review and improvement of internal processes as part of ISO9001, working closely with the Corporate Services and operational managers;
- Preparing and presenting finance reports to the Boards of Trustees and Directors;
- Working closely with the Chief Executive in managing the financial resources of the organisation;
- Advising on the use of assets and reserves in line with the Strategic Plan;
- Carrying out ad hoc analysis and research as required;
- Fulfilling a leadership role as part of the senior management team;
- Supporting the development of finance colleagues both at the head office and across operational sites; - added in Continuously researching and keeping up to date with changes in charity legislation applicable to Finance and Accounts functions;
Fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA) or qualified with significant relevant experience
- A strong commitment to the Charity's values;
- At least two years' experience of working at a senior management level and of reporting directly to Trustees/Directors;
- At least two years experience of preparing and submitting statutory accounts;
- High levels of personal and professional integrity in acting as a guardian of the Charity's assets and resources;
- Able to work with non-finance colleagues and communicate in a way that encourages learning;
- At least two years' experience of preparing data for audit and of compliance;
- Experience of preparing and submitting tax payments and claims;
- High level of knowledge in charity accounting principles in relation to charities;
- Excellent skills in financial management software e.g Sage and Excel
- Able to work as part of a head office team and as part of a wider team with colleagues at other sites;
- Open, honest, with a sense of fun and sense of humour;
- Able to gain an overview of wider software applications, e.g fleet management and till systems;
- Interest in learning about the operational aspect of the Charity's work in order to underpin the needs of financial management in assisting service delivery;
- Understanding of data protection;
- Knowledge of pension administration and auto-enrolment processes;
- Experience of pricing and costing services;
- Knowledge of transport or retail services;
£37,500 - £42,500 depending upon relevant experience
NO AGENCIES *** Michael Page are working collaboratively with Community Transport and managing the recruitment of this role. Any CVs sent directly to the organisation will be forwarded onto Michael Page. ***