Up to £80,000 per annum plus benefits including private health
9 days ago
The business has more than doubled over the past year off the back of a series of acquisitions. With further developments and acquisitions planned, the Finance Director is looking for a strong number two to lead the finance team through the current integration strategy and growth plan moving forward.
This role requires a commercial individual with a good understanding of proper corporate governance. You will lead the implementation of a new reporting structure and a new financial system, help develop the commercial strategy with ownership over pricing and profitability, whilst improving the quality of management information delivery.
- You will be responsible for creating and delivering a first class, robust, commercial infrastructure to support and facilitate the rapid growth that the business is experiencing
- Provide strategic input, initiatives and support to the senior executives
- Build and lead a first-class finance team to deliver the finance team’s responsibilities
- Maintain excellent relationships with external advisers
- Overseeing and developing the accounting processes utilising web-based tools
- Enhancing the management information and financial management processes within the organisation
- Taking full responsibility for compliance and the operational activities surrounding the revenue cycle and processing functions including assets under management
- Developing a culture of accepting responsibility within the HO environment
- Providing greater financial control through improved efficiencies in relation to internal controls, reporting and procedures
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Previous experience working in the healthcare sector
- Strong understanding of implementing corporate governance, cash flow and working capital
- Experience in managing a small, but growing, finance team
- Demonstratable commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills and able to build a good rapport with senior stakeholders
This person will have first-hand exposure to integrating the recently acquired business and the owner is keen to continue growing through further developments and acquisitions, with a strong view to going through an exit in the next five years. This person will be in a prime position to get first-hand M&A and, further down the line potentially, IPO experience.