£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
15 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
A Head of Finance Position in a brilliant and growing reputable company has become available, based on the outskirts of Cheltenham you will be number two in finance reporting directly into the Director of Resources. A broad role with responsibility of both the accounting and commercial teams.
Working collaboratively with internal and external senior stakeholders to ensure results are delivered for the financial year, understanding and acting on risks and opportunities, and driving growth and efficiencies.
Ensure monthly financial statements, statutory accounts and end of year audit are comprehensive, accurate, and timely.
Manage and be responsible for statutory filings, treasury and reserve policy, tax accounting compliance, implementing credit policies and procedures, finance processes and control, payroll etc.
Develop and implement successful financial strategy and controls.
Influence decision making across the business, provide strategic insight based on sound understanding of the competitive environment.
Deputise for the Director of Resources. Recruit, develop, support and coach the finance team.
Line management. Departmental budget. Delegated expenditure approval across the company. Membership of the Finance and Corporate Services SLT. Execution of BACS and bank payments for approved transactions
The successful candidate will be:
- Qualified accountant, with extensive experience in a commercial environment.
- Strong evidence of strategic planning and decision-making, commercial acumen, and understanding of risk and performance management.
- Leadership qualities that motivate and inspire colleagues and team members while gaining their respect and confidence, building a strong vision and team ethos.
- Experience of leading a team and direction of a finance function.
- Collaborative and solution focused, possessing initiative, and the ability to successfully implement new ideas.
- Experience of working in a strategic capacity to deliver change and results.
- Outgoing, persuasive, and a confident communicator with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels.
- Ability to present complex information coherently to large audiences.
- Discreet and trustworthy, as role holder will be required to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Proven experience of financial performance reporting and planning, with a clear view on how to present the information and make recommendations.
This is an exciting time to join this very impressive business, you will receive a competitive salary, benefits package and will be given the opportunity to make your mark on this newly created role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.