£42000 - £45000 per annum
13 days ago
The position will work closely with the wider organisation, build strong internal relationships to ensure the effective management of financial resources and deputise for the Finance Director. To respond effectively to future challenges and opportunities, work needs to be based upon robust foundations and best practice provision. This will involve developing the tools for the team and budget holders to do their jobs well whilst enabling and facilitating innovative projects.
* Producing timely management accounts for the charity and trading company, providing commentary on key areas, and presenting to the board
* Planning and enacting the annual budget, including reviewing the viability of budget holders' submissions, and presenting the final budget to the board for approval
* Overseeing the preparation of the year end statutory accounts and audit files, and be the key contact for auditors
* Preparing the monthly payroll and ensure that all employees are paid correctly, with HMRC submissions and pension contributions correctly made
* Line managing three Finance Officers, providing support, training and mentoring to Officers in roles covering areas such transactions, bank reconciliations and income.
As the above shows, this is a role with a large scope of influence and the appointed candidate will have strong experience in a similar role, ideally with some exposure to a charity, with a recognised accountancy qualification (CCAB or CIMA). Strong all-round experience of the areas above will be needed, as well as first-class written and verbal communication skills and a history of providing support to more junior members of staff.