Head of Finance
|Job Title:||Head of Finance|
|Salary:||Plus car, pension and bonus|
|Start Date:||Jan 2018|
|Contact Name:||Andy Chaplin|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2018 13:01|
Reporting to the Finance Director, as Head of Finance, you will maintain and develop effective financial control across the business, taking ownership and responsibility for the finance function. The will include the production of financial and management accounts, as well as working closely with the operations of the business to provide commercial decision support.
You will be a major part of the central team and working with colleagues to pro-actively support the understanding of the business performance against budget alongside the fast growth of the business.
- Production of month end and flash results, management accounts and financial board packs
- Preparation of financial accounts including managing the year-end audit and tax processes
- Supporting the development of the long term strategy for the business, and co-ordinating the rolling 12 month forecast
- Production of operational cost analysis vs. budget for discussion with Operations' department and management
- Cash flow reporting
- Understanding models used for business plans and budgeting
- Ensuring cash, revenue and stock management processes are clearly followed and therefore reconciliation process is aligned
- Manage payroll process including outsource agency and auto-enrolment
- Control of the balance sheet and monthly pack
- Developing the performance review and insight on monthly results
- Manage accounting systems
- Management of the finance team including staff development and team building
- Fully Qualified Accountant. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent with demonstrative experience of previous Finance Manager or higher positions.
- Retail experience is essential
- Strong operational finance background is highly desirable
- Excellent people leadership skills
- Demonstrate a "hands on" approach with the ability to manage and provide leadership to a large team.
- Experience of finance monitoring and control as well as budgetary and year-end disciplines.
- Experience in making change/improvements and not settling for the status quo.
- Advanced Excel skills, modelling and financial presentation skills
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a leader in its field, offering an excellent remuneration package.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's