Head of Cost Analysis & Challenge
|Job Title:||Head of Cost Analysis & Challenge|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joel Wray|
|Job Published:||February 06, 2019 16:59|
Head of cost analysis & challenge - Cardiff - £60,000 to £70,000 plus bonus and benefits
Your new company
Your new company is a FTSE listed financial services business in central Cardiff.
Your new role
Your new role is a newly created position in the business and its main focus is to analyse, scrutinise and challenge cost across the group. This role has come about as it was highlighted that costs had increased with no real focus on the monitoring or analysis of the cost base.
This role will predominantly business partner senior stakeholders across the group to help them understand their costs. This person will need to engage with the wider business and support the business as opposed to purely scrutinise spend. The role is still evolving day to day so it is a great opportunity for a strong, cost orientated business partner to go in and make significant change.
The main duties of the role are ;-
- Cost trend analysis
- Cost deep dive analysis
- Data analytics; develop cost analysis applicability using appropriate analytics tools
- Cost review meetings, holding monthly review meetings with divisional heads to gain a full understanding of cost drivers and trends
- Cost targets, ensuring cost targets are properly reflected in cost forecasts and challenge achievability
- Cost classification standards, ensuring divisional finance teams adopt a common standard to cost classification
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with significant PQE and senior stakeholder engagement experience.
The successful candidate will have;-
- Advanced excel / data analytics
- A good awareness of UK GAAP
- An understanding of the financial services sector (not essential)
- Strong understanding of expense allocation methodologies
- Excellent ability to build rapport with stakeholders across multiple locations
What you'll get in return
In return you will be offered a generous package to consist of ;-
- £60,000 - £70,000 base salary
- Bonus between 12%-35% performance dependant
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Flexible working / occasional work from home can be discussed
- Car allowance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
£70000 - £77000 per annum + flexible working, agile working
Head of External Engagement for Tax and People services
Transaction Cost Reporting Technical Specialist (12m FTC)
£42000 - £66000 per annum + benefits
Senior Manager - Financial Decisions and Analysis CoE - London
FSRR Centre of Excellence Senior Associate AWM