£55000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
9 days ago
Head of Business Risk & Assurance
London, United Kingdom
£ Competitive + benefits
A global business spanning across Europe with a corporate office in central London is searching for a Head of Business Risk & Assurance.
The Head of Business Risk & Assurance will ensure the accounting records are accurate, that the system of controls is complaint and operating satisfactorily to minimize financial risk to the business. Additionally, within this exclusive role you will undertake risk assessments (financial and business) as well as provide recommendations for remedial action plans.
- To maintain a corporate risk register, attending the Risk Executive and improving risk awareness across the organization.
- Give advice and support through specific examinations and investigations, or other special projects as directed / requested.
- To provide updates to the Risk Executive and where appropriate Audit Committee
- To act as the go to for Compliance: including but not limited to Data Protection, Anti-Bribery, Competition etc.
- To act as the go to for GDPR: ensuring compliance with statutory regulations.
- To prepare an annual audit plan which includes adequate coverage of the key corporate risks. Obtaining agreement from the Executive Committee and overseeing the completion of the program with the appropriate level of resourcing.
- To manage the "Whistling Blowing" process ensuring that all concerns raised are dealt with appropriately.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all significant risks (both internal and external) are identified, reviewed and if appropriate mitigated.
- To manage the Business Assurance and Risk function to align with policies and visions, promoting the brand both internally and externally.
- To oversee an audit-tracking process, reporting results to the Risk Executive on a periodic basis as well as group as required.
- Educated to degree level or above or qualified through experience.
- Membership of a relevant professional body: e.g. IIA, CCAB, or (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- An experienced internal auditor (minimum three years) working in compliance, Audit or a senior Finance role (with compliance / audit experience).
- Sector experience not essential, although a history of a highly regulated industry an advantage.
- A self-motivated person with extensive exposure to an organization with a transformational program.
- Strong analytical / investigative skills & excellent reporting abilities
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Good communication and presentation skills and able to interact with stakeholders at all levels both internally & externally.
- Ability to manage own and teams workload to pre-agreed deadlines
To apply for this role or for additional information, please send your CV ASAP.
Please note: Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to every applicant. Please consider your application to have been unsuccessful if you have not heard from us within a week.
For this role, the client is unable to offer visa sponsorship and can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK.