Welwyn Garden City
18 days ago
About the role
Group Audit & Advisory (GAA) provide independent assurance, insight and advice to Board and Management. We keep the Audit Committee informed on whether key business risks are being managed effectively, and we engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and from many different operational and financial areas of our retail business, including emerging brands. Our team also includes dedicated Technology specialists who focus on a wider range of bespoke applications, online security and change projects, forming a crucial part of our future transformation
As Head of Audit you manage a team of qualified auditors to deliver a number of risk based audits. You'll identify the key risks, assess how we are managing these risks and identify solutions that will genuinely improve the business.
You will be responsible for
- Ownership of one of the key leadership team management roles (e.g. Risk Management, People and Talent Planning, Methodology & Training, Audit Systems and Issues Tracking, Audit Committee Reporting, Data Analytics);
- Having full accountability for a team of auditors delivering a programme of financial and/or operational audits from planning to reporting, including execution of data analytics to inform scope and/or testing of audits;
- Supporting the wider team to build out data analytics capability, including developing skills for data management, data integrity testing and identifying insight from data;
- Analysing large volumes of data from various systems and translate into digestible information for the team, management and stakeholders to use for decision making;
- Preparing regular progress updates for Audit Committee reporting;
- Facilitating workshops to drive follow up/conclusion of agreed actions arising from audits;
- Working with the business stakeholders to ensure that the key risks in each business unit are understood, the key developments and change projects are monitored, and audit issues are addressed in a timely and effective way;
- Performing ad hoc “in-flight” reviews of ongoing change initiative projects, to build a robust control framework;
- Utilising and managing co-source resource to supplement the skills internally to perform more technical reviews;
- Continually looking for ways to improve the audit function and to deliver sustainable improvements to the department;
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best;
- Forecasting and managing my budgets effectively, always being cost conscious; and
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified Accountant or IIA qualified Auditor
- Significant internal or external audit experience (>5 years)
- Experience with Altryx, data warehouse and Tableau
- Advanced expertise using Excel
- Experience of working in retail sector
- Understanding of governance and compliance processes in large and complex organisations
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of data management and data governance, privacy and information security
- Business acumen
- Ability to identify creative and pragmatic solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure at a fast pace
- Project management skills
- Accuracy and thoroughness
- Familiarity with COSO and COBIT frameworks
- Proven history of having worked effectively across cross functional teams and business functions
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.