Up to £70000 per annum
4 days ago
Tax Manager - Hertfordshire
In House - up to £70,000
Do you have experience in Corporate, Employment and Indirect Tax?
Want a broad role you can make your own?
I am currently looking for a Group Tax Manager to join a prestigious construction and engineering company. You would become a part of a growing team in an already well-established business, surrounded by ambitious colleagues.
Why work here?
- Newly refurbished gym
- Sporting events
- On-site lounge and canteen
- Pension scheme
- Competitive salary
As Group Tax Manager your role will include;
- Ensuring all corporate tax compliance requirements are met as well as setting corporation tax and deferred tax provisions
- Internal communication with finance and treasury department
- Responsible for all direct and indirect taxes - Corporation Tax, VAT and Employment Tax
- Lead R&D tax credit processes, understanding criteria of eligibility, categories of expenditure and the types of benefits available
- Responsible for VAT compliance on buildings and construction
- Review VAT assessment on construction contracts
- Development and implementing best practices to improve processes
- Ensuring the correct VAT treatment across the group for property transactions, intra-group transactions and overseas transactions
- Building and maintaining external relationships
- Review of VAT returns submitted to HMRC for all companies
- Managing any HMRC correspondence including VAT registrations, options to tax, VAT return queries
The ideal Group Tax Manager will have…
- ACA/ACCA qualified accountant
- 3+ years' experience in a tax role
- Construction industry experience is preferred but not necessary
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Previous experience of liaising with HMRC and resolving queries
- Understanding of tax laws and regulations
What do employees think?
"Fast efficient workplace with friendly staff." - Current employee
This is an attractive role with excellent benefits. Apply today or contact me on the below.
Phone: 0207 269 6319