13 days ago
The role is responsible for:
- Preparation and delivery of the Group’s half year and full year consolidated financial statements, and the individual company financial statements of the Group’s 40+ subsidiaries, to a high standard.
- Providing technical accounting and financial reporting guidance to colleagues and supporting the provision of relevant technical training and development to the finance community
- Assisting with the management of the year end and half year processes including the external audit process.
External reports include:
- Group half year and full year financial statements prepared under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), for presentation to the Board and Audit Committee and inclusion in the externally published interim and annual reports and accounts.
- Full year financial statements under new UK GAAP (FRS 102) for 40+ legal entities.
- Preparation of detailed notes to support key accounting items and year-on-year comparisons.
- Provide complete, accurate and timely IFRS and new UK GAAP (FRS 102) accounting expertise and advice.
- Evaluate the potential impact of operational / commercial changes on the Group’s financial statements and identify appropriate accounting treatments and options.
- Provide ongoing accounting support to divisional finance teams / FP&A / commercial teams to ensure any accounting implications are factored into commercial decision appraisals, and the impact on reporting is understood, with options where possible to be presented.
- Support in the development and maintenance of accounting policies and the governance of financial processes, ensuring alignment across the Group.
- Support in the development and delivery of training for finance teams to ensure awareness of new accounting standard changes, appropriate recording of financial entries, and compliance with accounting policies.
- ACA qualified accountant, with post qualification experience
- You will be at Assistant Manager level or above in Practice, or looking to make your second move within Industry, and your technical accounting experience is likely to come from an Audit, Corporate Finance, Transaction Services, or Forensic Accounting background in Practice
- Technically strong in the practical application of IFRS and FRS 102
- Able to work with multiple priorities, to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining the highest standards of delivery
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to effectively communicate with senior finance stakeholders, and effective at influencing at all levels across the business in order to engage the co-operation of people who are not direct reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Seeks to instil a culture of continuous development and process improvement
- Advanced Excel skills