£110000 - £125000 per annum + bonus and benefits
10 days ago
Group Financial Controller
This is a Senior level role reporting into the CFO for a large financial services / investments organisation.
The role pays exceptionally well and takes on a lot of responsibility, this is a great role for someone who has career ambitions of becoming a CFO.
Main Purpose of the Role
Responsible for all aspects of financial accounting and control, asset valuations, systems and change projects.
* Lead and develop all aspects of the financial control framework including efficient systems, controls and processes for the group to support the maintenance of the group's accounting records and external and internal financial reporting requirements. Scope includes all scheme investments as well as all group operating, holding and spv companies.
* Lead design of framework and interaction with outsourced providers of accounting records minimising control risks and manual accounting.
* Lead and develop annual report and accounts output engaging the senior leadership group and ensuring design and content keeps pace with best in class. Lead contact for external auditor partner.
* Lead and develop the valuation function to ensure fair valuation of assets to support external reporting, internal decision making, hedging and asset management compensation processes. Lead contact for external valuation partner.
* Main finance point of contact providing support for exec and non-exec governance including Trustee Board, IM board, audit, risk and fair value committees.
* Lead change activity across finance including systems, process and controls to optimise efficiency and cost effectiveness.
* Provide effective leadership to create a high performing team that ensures team members are motivated and actively supported to develop and realise their full potential.
Technical Competencies, Skills and Experience
* Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACMA, ACCA or international equivalent)
* Senior leadership experience in practice or medium/ large commercial environment leading finance teams comprised of qualified and non-qualified staff
* Extensive change leadership including systems implementations
* Presentation, influencing and relationship management at exec/ board level
* Demonstrable experience of team management and people development
* Financial product experience
* Business / asset valuation techniques