Highly Competitive plus benefits
10 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Group Financial Controller - Ipswich - competitive plus benefits
Your new company
Hays are pleased to be work exclusively with this fully listed and highly successful engineering group who are looking to recruit a qualified accountant to join the business as Group Financial Controller reporting into the Finance Director to be based at their offices near Ipswich, Suffolk.
Your new role
Reporting into the Finance Director the Group Financial Controller will be responsible for
- Production of group statutory reporting and compliance.
- Managing the year end and liaising with the auditors and other external bodies.
- The Group Financial Controller will provide adhoc technical business partner support to the group businesses
- Corporation Tax and VAT accounting and compliance ;
- Treasury management; including cashflow, FX, reconciliations and forecasting.
- Group Balance sheet and Cashflow consolidation & reporting.
- In conjunction with the finance teams, the Group Financial Controller will ensure delivery of accurate and robust balance sheet control;
- Day to day management of the Accounts teams;
- A member of the Senior Finance Team the Group Financial Controller will provide support to the Finance Director in setting and delivering the strategy and objectives for the finance team;
- Company Secretarial duties.
What you'll need to succeed
The Group Financial Controller will be a qualified accountant with strong technical accounting knowledge, a keen interest for business and strong commercial acumen. They will have good attention to detail, enjoy working in a team environment and possess excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels internally and externally.
What you'll get in return
The Group Financial Controller will be offered a highly competitive salary and have the opportunity to be mentored by a experienced and successful Finance Director
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.