£70000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + benefits
17 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
A confident Group Financial Controller to work in an exciting Financial Services company
Your new company
An AIM listed holding company of a fast-growing financial services group
Your new role
This is a unique opportunity, at an early stage, to join the Group Finance team of one of the UK's up and coming Asset Managers during a very exciting and busy time.
This role will assume responsibility for the Group's finance function (team of 4) and HR function (team of 1) and will report to the Chairman. This will be the most senior finance specific position within the business, other than the Chairman, who effectively also fulfils the role of Finance Director on the Plc Board.
Key Responsibilities will include:-
- Oversight of finance team of 4
- Oversight of the Group HR team
- Lead team in the production of monthly MI pack, plus management accounts (individual company and consolidated) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Cash / Bank management.
- Approval for all supplier payments
- Oversight of all payroll changes and approval (processing currently outsourced).
- Review and management of staff benefits (pensions, PMI, Cars).
- Employment contract and employee handbook oversight with Group HR manager.
- VAT, PAYE & Corporate tax management.
- Production of interim and final company and group accounts packs for external audit.
- Liaison with auditors and tax advisers.
- Oversight of group's EMI share option scheme.
- Preparation of detailed budgets and forecasts (P&L, cash flow and balance sheet).
- Capital adequacy calculation and monitoring.
- Ad hoc investigation and due diligence on potential acquisitions, change of control applications, presentations, etc.
- FCA reporting via Gabriel.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant, ACA desirable, not prerequisite.
- Self-motivated, energetic, flexible - a solutions person rather than a problems person.
- Experience of operating within a regulated environment, especially the Financial Services industry, would be a strong advantage but is not essential.
- Strong business partnering skills with an ability to work effectively as a part of a small management team.
- Comfortable operating in a fast moving, straight talking, no nonsense environment where growth and change are the norm.
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards
- Good knowledge of Excel and strong modelling skills
- Applicants either from SME industry or Divisions of Blue Chip
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.