Group Financial Accountant
|Job Title:||Group Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||excellent pension and holidays|
|Contact Name:||Ross Brown|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2018 13:12|
This is a great opportunity for a 1st time move out of Practice (Accounts Senior/Assistant Manager/Manager) or a Financial Accountant looking for a step up in their career.
My client is a growing business based in Cardiff who operate in a group format
This is a great opportunity for a 1st time mover out of Practice (Accounts Senior/Assistant Manager/Manager) or a Financial Accountant looking for a step up in their career.
Working to the Head of Finance, the Group Reporting Accountant plays a pivotal role in the organisation.
Duties will include;
- Preparation of annual financial statements for subsidiary companies within the Group.
- Liaise with other Finance staff internally to obtain financial information relating to the preparation of the Financial Statement.
- Assist the Head of Finance with the preparation of the consolidation and production of the annual financial statements for the group.
- Identify new accounting, audit and taxation issues by close contact with advisers and regular briefing of the finance team of their impacts.
- Implementation of new IFRS standards and implement the into the Group.
- Review monthly management accounts in accordance with the agreed format and timetable.
- Review of month end reconciliations of key control accounts
- Support the team members involved in the Management Accounts preparation.
- Act as a trusted Finance Business Partner to Senior stakeholders regarding their budgets.
- Review of quarterly VAT return.
- Manage a team of finance staff ensuring that they are trained, developed and motivated to provide an excellent service to the business.
- Work with the Head of Finance to develop and improve systems and controls in Finance.
- Act as a key point pf contact for external Auditors
You will be a fully qualified CCAB Accountant and hold either ACA, ACCA or CIMA with ideally 2 years+ PQE
- Up to date knowledge of technical accounting developments including IFRS
- Experience of line management in a Finance department.
- Experience of preparation of financial statements under IFRS, including FRS 101 and FRS 102.
- Experience of consolidation accounting.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- IT literate with advanced ability using Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
A competitive basic salary
Excellent pension contributions
Excellent Holiday Allowance
A raft of other company benefits
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group Financial Controller
£110000 - £125000 per annum + bonus and benefits
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Car Allowance + 15% Bonus
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + car allowance and bonus
Private Equity Fund Accountant