£40000 - £50000 per annum
13 days ago
Reporting to the Financial Accounts Manager, you will lead the Group financial accounting, cash flow management, reporting and control activities, ensuring they are carried out efficiently and in accordance with best practice and UK GAAP.
UK leading, specialist distribution business
This role proves the successful candidate with the opportunity to develop their skills as a financial accountant in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Reporting to the Financial Accounts Manager, you will lead the Group financial accounting, cash flow management, reporting and control activities, ensuring they are carried out efficiently and in accordance with best practice and UK GAAP.
You will continually review the internal control / audit environment, highlighting areas of risk and have full responsibility for planning and implementation of the year-end audit process, through to submission.
Key responsibilities include
- Preparation of year-end audit files, consolidated statutory accounts and tax comps
- Cash flow management and reporting
- Balance sheet reviews
- Ensuring timely accurate payroll submissions and reporting
- Period end reporting to the Board and external stakeholders
- Maintaining the integrated financial model
- Ensuring compliance with UK GAAP
- Proactively improving quality and accuracy of management information
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
This Group Financial Accountant position will suit a technically astute individual who is keen to learn in a high responsibility role. To maximise success, the ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Have a strong ability to communicate at all levels
- Be capable working well under pressure
- Have a proven ability to prioritise work and consistently meet deadlines
£45,000 - 50,000