Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£24000 - £26000 per annum + Study Support
18 days ago
Marks Sattin are working with an exciting business based in Harrogate, who are looking to appoint a new Assistant Accountant. This position will cover a wide variety of accounting responsibilities, supporting Group Finance Manager and other members of the finance team. Duties will include:
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts; posting of various journals including accruals and prepayments.
- Maintaining Fixed Asset register, posting of additions, disposals and monthly depreciation journals.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Ensuring close of ledgers at month and year end
- Posting Year End journals
- Assist in the production of supplier statement reconciliations
- Cover for production of daily and monthly bank reconciliations, and investigation of any discrepancies
- Cover for Petty cash management
- Setting up of bank payments
- Posting payments to the ledger, and banking cheque/cash payments
- Assist in the production of the cash flow forecasts
- Assist in the preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Intercompany reconciliations and agreeing balances
- Ensure monthly files and records are kept in accordance with Auditor requirements
- Assist in the production of Year End Audit pack
- Assist in the production of the Stock rec and Year End stock takes
- Ad hoc reports and general reporting/assistance as required by the Group Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller.
If you are looking to move into a business who are passionate about their employees and their development, then this role is a fantastic opportunity. The business are looking to help grow and develop someone who is currently studying and wanting to continue, offering a great study support package.