Group Accounting Manager
|Job Title:||Group Accounting Manager|
|Salary:||£52000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Sayer|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2018 14:33|
Exciting opportunity available in National Charity
Your new company
You will be working for a large national charity with an exciting and mixed portfolio of assets including buildings, museums and archives. Your role has a National remit and you will report into the Head of Group Accounting
Your new role
With a small direct team of 5 staff, and indirect responsibility for a wider team of 20, we are looking for an engaging and effective Financial leader with great people management skills. You will provide support to the Senior Management Team in all financial reporting requirements. Through your engaging leadership style you will develop and grow your team to educate and inspire others across the Trust and ensure delivery of our business plan.
Your key accountabilities include:
* All elements of the consolidated financial reporting. This includes monthly management accounts, bi-monthly forecasting and the annual Business Plan. It also includes preparation of the Annual Report (working with teams across the organisation including a close relationship with our marketing team), for presentation by the CEO at the Public Annual Meeting.
* Effective and efficient operation of the underlying accounting transaction functions within the in-house Shared Service function (accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll).
* Designing and operating the underlying financial controls to ensure the integrity of financial information.
* The year-end process, including the audit, proceeds in a smooth and effective manner. This includes being the primary contact for audit queries during fieldwork.
* Ad-hoc technical finance support for complex accounting issues.
* Displaying the Trust values and behaviours at all times.
* Ensuring that diversity and inclusion are integrated into all aspects of the Charity's life and promoting inclusion by challenging behaviour, practices, actions, or decisions that are counter to the objectives of the Charity's policies and values.
What you'll need to succeed
The following knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications are essential:
* Educated to degree level or higher.
* Chartered accountant with minimum three years post-qualification experience (ACA, CA or ACCA equivalent).
* Experience and training in external or internal audit, including a knowledge of auditing standards and methodologies. Proven ability managing teams and delivering high performance.
* A strong knowledge of control environment and process improvements to enhance or create financial systems that are efficient, effective and reliable - making use of automation where appropriate.
* The confidence and drive to take a visible lead on process and control improvements, not being afraid to innovate and break with previous convention.
* Excellent customer service skills, the ability to create and foster a strong team culture.
* Excellent communication skills for people at all levels of the organisation.
* Excellent levels of written English to facilitate the regular production of board and executive reports. This includes an ability to explain complex financial information to non-finance audiences and engage managers to support budgetary control
* Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (including lookups and pivot tables).
The following knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications are desirable:
* Experience in Charity Accounting and SORP2015 reporting standards gained through exposure to large charities in industry or practice.
* A practice background with a top tier audit firm.
* Proficiency in SAP FI module, Cognos TM1 and Microsoft Business Intelligence.
* Experience in leading change implementation
What you'll get in return
This vacancy offers a salary of £52,000- £60,000, Car Cash allowance, generous contributory DC Pension plan, and excellent holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
£45000 - £46000 per annum
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Financial Accounting and Reporting Analyst
£45000 - £50000 per annum
£39000.00 - £46000.00 per annum