|Job Title:||Group Accountant|
|Salary:||£45000 - £46000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Somaia Hoyle|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2018 18:44|
The role of Group Accountant is a newly developed position that sits under the Chief Finance Officer and ensures that all subsidiaries follow the correct accounting standards.
This unique accountancy opportunity is situated in an idyllic surroundings in N. Yorkshire and offers competitive benefits.
As Group Accountant you will be based at Thorpe Underwood Estate in N. Yorkshire, situated between historic York and the beautiful spa town of Harrogate. The estate expands across 200 acres of beautifully maintained, tranquil grounds and is home to the nationally renowned Queen Ethelburga's College and Chapter House Preparatory School; a traditional English school with a modern luxurious twist. During school holiday periods they open their doors to guests from all over the world.
Thorpe Underwood Services is a management services business for several businesses on the 200 acre Thorpe Underwood Estate along with c800 staff including:
- E&L Insurance a niche insurer with £42m GWP and c400,000 policy holders.
- Queen Ethelburga's Collegiate and independent school with approx. 1,500 students.
- Martin Services a management and letting business responsible for 88 residential properties.
The role of Group Accountant plays a key role in providing support to the Chief Finance Officer with internal and external reporting, along with support and oversight of the finance department.
- Statutory Accounts production for c45 entities including reconciliations and auditor liaison.
- Management Reporting production and development of reports.
- VAT return production and reconciliation.
- Regulatory returns production and submission of finance related returns.
- Recharges & apportionment of expenses to business units.
Reconciliation and Oversight:
- Monthly reconciliation of insurance premium transactions.
- Monthly review and production of claims ratios.
- Monthly payroll reconciliations.
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with technical accounting treatment within Sage.
- Ensure financial records are accurate and properly recorded.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified accountant ( ACA / CIMA / ACCA / CIPFA or equivalent )
- Financial Services specifically insurance experience would be advantageous
- Strong Excel modelling skills.
- Confident and professional with your approach.
- Accurate worker with an eye for detail.
This role will attract a salary of £45,000
This significant opportunity is situated in an idyllic surrounding and offers a competitive salary alongside excellent benefits including on-site facility access and impressive annual events.
NO AGENCIES *** Michael Page are working collaboratively with Queen Ethelburga's College and Thorpe Underwood Estate and managing the recruitment of this role. Any CVs sent directly to the organisation will be forwarded onto Michael Page. For further information about the role please call Somaia Hoyle on 0113 243 7707
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's