£36000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Pension scheme, parking & benefits
18 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
To provide an exceptional service by designing effective grant schemes that deliver objectives/value for money
Your new company
My client is a catalyst for positive economic and environmental action. They work uniquely, and by design, in the space between governments, businesses, communities, thinkers and individuals; forging powerful partnerships and delivering ground-breaking initiatives to support more sustainable economies and society. They are world leaders in establishing the facts, getting the right people working together, then converting ideas into action and delivery on the ground.
Your new role
- Work with the technical leads to design and deliver the client's grant schemes to meet programme objectives, ensure compliance with funding conditions and state aid regulations.
- Write scheme documentation and assessment processes appropriate for the scheme objectives, state aid requirements and target audience.
- Develop and manage project plans for delivery of grant schemes including planning and management of required internal and external resources and key milestones.
- Manage market queries about grant schemes and respond appropriately, reporting key themes and issues to programme team.
- Oversee the grant assessment process including providing assessment guidance, chairing panel meetings, providing appropriate feedback to successful and unsuccessful applicants and ensuring audit trails are maintained.
- Delegate tasks to the Grant Support Officer as appropriate.
- Ensure grant agreements with beneficiaries are commercially and legally robust.
- Maintain oversight of grant project milestones, process beneficiary claims in accordance with evidence requirements, manage discrepancies, mitigate and report risks.
- Implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation approaches and methodologies for grant schemes, including commissioning external monitors when required.
- Support response to funder reporting and manage enquires relating to specific grant projects or my client's procedures including funding auditors.
- Manage state aid reporting to relevant regulatory body.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrable experience of designing and managing grant schemes, ideally both revenue and capital.
- Knowledge and experience of managing competitive processes including defining assessment criteria and managing panel meetings.
- Experience of drafting contracts including appropriate terms and stage gates for managing risk
- Project Management experience with demonstrable evidence of developing and maintaining project plans, programme budgets and financial forecasts..
- Demonstrable experience of customer and stakeholder management.
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills, with evidence of ability to work at a senior level both internally and externally.
- Experience of risk management associated with financial interventions including identifying conflicts of interests and implementing controls to prevent fraudulent activity.
- Demonstrable understanding of State Aid Regulations and public funding environment.
- Evidence of balanced and clear decision making that takes account of risk, opportunity and strategic fit.
- Strong numeracy skills.
What you'll get in return
A COMPETITIVE SALARY
PRIVATE MEDICAL COVER
LIFE ASSURANCE/DEATH IN SERVICE
CHILD CARE VOUCHERS
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME
ANNUAL LEAVE ENTITLEMENT
ANNUAL LEAVE PURCHASE
SEASON TICKET AND BIKE PURCHASE LOANS
REIMBURSEMENT OF A SINGLE PROFESSIONAL BODY MEMBERSHIP .
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.